Mummy Halloween Project
I cut out a standard card size using American Crafts White Cardstock. Next I took a piece of white polka dot velum paper and cut multiple strips in various widths. Each strip was longer than the width of the card.
Using a tape runner I adhered the strips in a staggered pattern to cover the card. I only did one single strip of tape down the center of each strip so the edges were not taped flat to the paper. The tape will show through a litle bit, but later when you ink the card, most of it will get covered. Next I flipped the card over and, using my exacto knife, I trimmed the edges of the velum strips.
Using a pieve of the vellum scrap I trimmed off, I cut out the triagle piece where the eyes are and placed it aside. Using my Megan Elizabeth 1am Ink Edger, I lightly inked the edged and brushed it along the edges of the strips. Since I did not tape down the edges they were raised just enough to catch the ink without inking the whole card. Next I inked the single triangle and taped that on. I used a bit more ink on the 'eye' triangle piece so it looked more like a dark shadow. Lasatly, I hot glued on two googly eyes!