How to Etch Tumblers with Citristrip and Cricut Vinyl
Are you curious how to etch tumblers with Citristrip and Cricut Vinyl? This new trend in personalizing tumblers is where you can 'etch' or 'engrave' tumblers. Essentially, you apply a paint stripper over a vinyl stencil. After a bit of time the paint can be peeled, scraped, and scrubbed off. The results are a personalized tumbler.
You can use a Cricut to cut a vinyl stencil and apply the Citristip on a powder coated tumbler to give the look of an etched or engraved design without a laser! Check out our latest YouTube video on How to Etch Tumblers with Citristrip and Cricut Vinyl. The video walks you through the steps to create a personalized tumbler using this method. We also provide you some tips and tricks to use a long the way.
I absolutely loved how easy this was and how awesome they turned out. I can not wait to find other items that are powder coated to add designs to.
Some Citristrip tips:
1. Make sure your cup has a powder coating.
2. Do a test spot on the bottom of the cup before doing the main image.
3. Be liberal with the Citristrip.
4. The TAL brand worked better than the Simple Modern brand
* It always seems impossible until it's done.