Introducing the Cricut Joy!
If you haven’t heard the news yet, Cricut recently announced they are launching a brand new machine: the Cricut Joy! We are so excited to be offering this machine at Craft-e-Corner starting on March 1st. If you’d like to learn more about this machine, we are to going to feature some of the highlights on this post today.
Meet your new DIY best friend, the Cricut Joy. This is a mini-sized Cricut cutting machine! It literally can fit in your hand. Even though it's a tiny machine, it sure can pack a punch. This machine is perfecter for the DIYer. Wanting to make some quick labels or a card in a matter of minutes? This machine is for you! It's the world's most approachable cutting and writing machine. This machine also has unique features that are specific only to the Joy. Let's take a look at some of those features!
Up first, the Cricut Joy has the ability to cut without a mat! If you look closely in the photo above, you'll notice that there isn't a mat! This is brand new technology to the Cricut Machines. With the launch of the Joy, Cricut also released "Smart Materials". Specific only to the Cricut Joy, you can use Smart Materials to cut without a mat. Currently, the only materials available are iron-on and vinyl. By using Smart Iron-On and Smart Vinyl, you can cut these materials without a mat on your Joy! You can still cut other iron-on or vinyl with a mat on your Joy, but if you want to utilize the mat-less technology, it has to be with the Smart Materials.
Along those same lines, if you use Smart Iron-On or Smart Vinyl, you can cut up to 20 feet long without a mat— just load and go! This is perfect for placing your favorite quote on the wall, creating a galaxy of glittering stars, or making jerseys for the whole team. I am excited about creating a faux wallpaper in my home or maybe a faux backsplash— or maybe even both! Check out this faux backsplash that was created with the Joy.
Another fun feature of the Cricut Joy is it's ability to easily and efficiently make cards! With the Joy, there are pre-made cards and envelopes that you can use with a specific card mat. All you do is slide the pre-made card onto the mat and then the Joy can write or draw on the top of the card without cutting through the second layer. Then tuck a piece of card stock (included in the card packs) behind the cut and wa-lah! You can easily make handmade cards in just a matter of minutes. Here's a few that were made with the Joy.
Next, there is adhesive-backed paper that you can use with your Joy. I am super excited about this because you can easily make stickers! You just peel-and-stick. I'm excited to make some gift tags for presents and put some stickers in my planner!
And last, but not least, I wanted to highlight another product that was released with the Joy that I am especially excited about: Smart Labels! This is actually writable vinyl. You can easily make labels for your home by drawing on the vinyl, cutting and then sticking! You do have to use Cricut Joy pens in order for it to be permanent. Check out how adorable these spice labels are that were made with the Joy and the Smart Labels!
Here are some other features of the Joy!
- Personalize just about anything. Create a card for any occasion, custom labels to organize your pantry, or a decal for your water bottle.
- Works with popular materials. Cuts iron-on, cardstock, vinyl, and paper and even works with materials you already have at home.
- Draws any shape and writes in a variety of styles. Customize your design with a variety of pen types and line weights.
- Compact, portable, ready to go. Fits in a cubby, looks great on a counter, packs away easily, and sets up instantly.
- Longer and repeated cuts. Cuts one image up to 4 inches wide and 4 feet long or repeated cuts up to 20 feet long.
- Bluetooth® built in. It’s easy to wirelessly connect your computer, phone, or tablet so you can design anywhere.
- Easy-to-learn app for desktop, iOS & Android. Use the free Design Space® app on your computer or mobile device to create, save, and share projects.
- Works offline. Download images, fonts, and projects so you can design and cut even when you’re not connected to the internet.
- Flexibility to upload your own designs. Use your own images and fonts for free in a variety of standard file formats.
- Inspiration included. Comes with 50 free projects online so you can start creating right away and learn everything the machine can do.
As you can see, there is a lot packed into this little machine! We will have them available to purchase at Craft-e-Corner on March 1st, so mark your calendars! We can't wait for you to get your hands on this awesome machine.Shop Material Bundles For Your Next Project